- We ship 5 days a week (M-F). Orders placed on Fridays or weekends will ship the following Monday.
- Sweet Maria's UPS Ground Shipping Special offers discounted shipping on UPS Ground on orders up to 60 lb to any address in the continental US (no AK, HI or APO/FPOs).
0 - 20 lb = $8.99
21 - 40 lb = $14.99
41 - 60 lb = $21.99
- We are usually ship orders within 1-3 business days, however this is not always possible. Allow extra time for 20 lb bags, as they are hand filled to order. Orders with expedited shipping ship the next business day.
- If you need your package by a certain date, choose 2nd Day or Next Day Air. These are the only options with a guaranteed timeline. 3 Day Select is expedited but the time-in-transit is not guaranteed. UPS does not count the pick up day as Time-in-Transit. A package shipped via UPS Next Day Air on Fri. will arrive on Mon. (except for holidays). Include your suite or apartment number since UPS charges extra fees if this information is missing or invalid.
- UPS charges for "dimensional weight" on air orders - If the box is light and bulky there may be an extra fee. Packages need a street address - no PO Boxes. Incorrect addresses can delay shipping. UPS charges $15-$30 to make address changes. UPS also charges to reschedule delivery.
UPS MyChoice Members:
- Due to fraudulent activity, we do not allow address changes or package holds for shipments via UPS MyChoice. If you need to make any changes to a shipment that is en route, email us ASAP. There may be additional charges associated with your shipment change so check your shipping address before placing your order.
Transit Times for UPS Ground Orders
United States Postal Service:
USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Package options:
USPS Medium Flat Rate Box: Up to 12 lb of green coffee
USPS Large Flat Rate Box: 13-18 lb of green coffee
- Delivery confirmation locates the package at two times - once when we generate postage and when it is delivered. There is no location tracking or default insurance. We recommend our Shipping Special or UPS Ground for these reasons
- We can not ship green coffee to Hawaii or Puerto Rico due to agricultural restrictions.
- For fast delivery, tracking and full insurance we ship packages with Worldwide Expedited.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited offers 2-5 business day service, guaranteed delivery and tracking. We will email your tracking number when your order ships. Time-in-transit does not include delays due to customs inspection or weekends and holidays. A quote from our shopping cart system is not a guarantee of the shipping rate. UPS charges "dimensional weight" if a box is bulky. We will email you to discuss any additional charges that may apply. The shipping fee does not include any VAT or sales taxes assessed by your country. UPS assesses a $10 customs bond fee and COD fee that you are responsible for.
- If you want to save money, trust USPS and don't need your package ASAP, use USPS Priority Mail International. USPS Priority Mail International estimates 6 to 10 day transit times but offers no guarantee and it often takes longer. USPS delivers to the local postal service in the country of destination for final delivery so transit time also depends on the local postal system. There is no tracking feature that locates the package in transit.
Other international order considerations
- The maximum weight of package is 40 lb. The regulation weight is 44 lb but we allow a few pounds packing materials. Orders heavier than 40 lb will ship in 2 boxes. Customs may reject our shipments or subject the package to quarantine. You assume financial responsibility in this case. We ship to a limited number of countries listed in our shopping cart. Contact us if your country is not listed.
- Insurance covers the cost of merchandise as long as there is proof of damage. It does not cover shipping costs nor does it cover delivery time-in-transit. Insurance is automatically figured into the price of postage. We insure all international postal shipments.
- If you buy 12 lb of coffee or less with no merchandise, we suggesta Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate box. If you are ordering 18 lb of coffee or less, use the Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate box. USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate offers the same transit time estimates, reliability and customs restrictions as Priority International. We include insurance on International Flat Rate packages in our shipping/handling cost. This covers the replacement cost of the coffee only and not the cost to re-ship it. Email us if International Flat Rate options are not available to you.
- Taiwan - UPS does not deliver green coffee to Taiwan without an import permit, which can be acquired from the customs office. Contact us after placing your order with your import permit number to prevent shipping delays.
- Australia - Green coffee shipments require an import permit, which can be acquired from the customs office. Contact us after placing your order with your import permit number to prevent shipping delays.
- Switzerland - Green coffee shipments more than 44 lb require an import permit, which can be acquired from the customs office.
- Japan - UPS does not deliver green coffee to Japan.
- South Korea - Green coffee shipments require a phytosanitary certificate that is prohibitively expensive for small orders.