We are excited to offer this hand crank coffee mill from Rhino Coffee Gear. This makes it a great travel grinder, especially since it comes with a cloth storage bag and is the perfect size to sit inside an Aeropress® - the grinder also includes a plastic adaptor that allows you to grind directly into your Aeropress®. The grind quality is very good, and the mill grinds efficiently, fairly quickly, but not too fast. Like any manual mill it takes some elbow grease to crank out a grind, but the workout is worth it - this grinder is far less awkward to crank compared to similar hand mills.
|Grind Range||Drip to Espresso|
|Grounds Bin Capacity||35g|
|Cons||A lot of cranking, Small capacity, Time consuming way to grind.|
|Pros||Can grind directly into brewing recepticle, Compact, Easy to use, Great for travel, High quality burrs, Inexpensive burr mill, Lightweight, Nice looking Mill, Portability, Very simple to use|
You can download a PDF of the instruction manual here.
Adjusting the appropriate grind:
- For grind to suit Aeropress®, tighten nut all the way, then ease off half a turn
- For French Press, ease off 1.5 turns
- For a V60, tighten the burrs all the way, and then go half a turn back.
- For a moka pot, adjust so that the burrs are touching then open up a notch or two.
- Clean once per month (darker roasts may require more frequent cleaning)
- Use warm, soapy water and a soft bristle brush to remove all residual coffee
- Rinse with fresh water and allow the parts to fully dry before re-assembling