We have quite a list of new arrivals this week, and since I am headed to Sumatra, I am pushing to get them all listed. From top of the list to the bottom, here they are!
- Costa Rica Don Mayo “La Ponderosa” Bourbon: Granola aromatics, hazelnut roast tones and boysenberry syrup sweetness!
- Panama Volcancito Don Pepe Bourbon: Anopther classic, well-structured Bourbon varietal coffee with malty sweetness and buttery body.
- Ethiopia Organic Idido Misty Valley DP: The ever-popular IMV returns, a carefully-prepared dry-process coffee from the Gedeo part of Yirga Cheffe, with striking strawberry, peach-apricot and mango fruit notes.
- Kenya Auction Lot #829 Weithaga Peaberry: Another stunning Kenya, so caramelly and effervescent, with a touch of cinnamon, sweet orange, and cherry drops.
- Bali Kintamani Arabica: A different flavor profile from last year’s Bali, more intensely fruited, heavy body, very low acidity.
- Papua New Guinea AA Maloolaba: Strikingly bright as wet-processed PNG coffees can be, but with a wide stripe of “Indonesia” wildness running through it; herbal-foresty flavors emerge as it cools.
- Rwanda Butare Bourbon WP Decaf: Like it’s non-decaf counterparts, this decaf is well-structured, balanced and makes a great espresso (or as part of a low-caffeine blend). syrupy.
- Tanazania Ruvuma Peaberry WP Decaf: Quite a bright, lively decaf cup (even more than our Kenya decaf) , with molasses and gingerbread flavors.