The Virtuoso Mill is a great all-around mill and a good choice for espresso with it's commercial grade 40 mm conical burr set. It also grinds about twice as fast as the Encore without a higher RPM and is about a pound heavier. In our tests it produces a more consisten and even fine grind.
The Virtuoso mill has the following features:
* grind selector dial features 40 numbered stops for grind repeatability
* a powerful DC motor* an improved and expanded manual
* unique gear reduction design that produces slow rotation of the conical burr, ensuring the retention of aroma and flavor, and helping reduce static
* whole bean hopper can hold 1/2 pound of beans timer knob for repeatable coffee dosing
* pulse button in front for grinding directly into portafilter handle
* small cleaning brush included (looks like a tiny pine tree)
1 year warranty against defect, repair or replacement, provided by Baratza. Machine measures 5"x14"x6". Virtuoso is matte black plastic with a brushed metal top and base. For more information - check out the Baratza Grinders Detail page.
|Burr Type||40mm Conical Steel|
|Adjustment||40 Stepped Adjustment|
|Hopper Capacity||8 oz|
|Grind Range||Espresso -Drip - French Press|
|Pros||Economical espresso mill that is also suitable for drip options. Powerful motor that is quieter and runs cooler than other mills.|
|Cons||If timer left on can heat up grounds.|
|Warranty||1 Year parts and labor. Parts and service available after warranty from Baratza.|