The K3 Elite is Compak's doser model. Ground coffee flows into the "doser" on the front of the machine, and you pull a level to push grounds out. In commercial applications, the doser is often kept full of grounds, in which case the doser should push out the same quantity of grounds with each pull of the lever. But, in home applications you'll probably just be grinding enough coffee for a shot or two of espresso, so in this case you can't rely on the doser to push out a consistent amount of coffee. What a doser will do at home, though, is break up clumps. Static in the grinds causes them to clump together at finer grind levels, and these clumps can be a headache when trying to achieve a perfect espresso. Clumps in the puck can lead to channeling and other extraction problems. The action of the doser hitting the grinds tends to break up the clumps.
- A doser design, for dedicated espresso use, with a 0.45lb / 200g capacity doser
- 0.6lb / 275g hopper capacity
- Commercial 58mm burrset, with a grinding rate of 11-15 pounds/hour
- Stepless micrometrical grind adjustment
- Dimensions: 19.5"h x 6.5"w x 12"d
- Attractive, available in Black or Polished Aluminum
- 1 year warranty on parts and labor
- More images and commentary of the K3 Elite
Your K3 Elite will ship directly from Compak.
|Burr Type||58mm Steel Flat Burrs|
|Hopper Capacity||8 oz|
|Grind Range||Best for espresso|
|Pros||Great price point for a stepless espresso mill.|
|Cons||Need to be careful when unscrewing burrs for deep cleaning.|
|Warranty||1 Year parts and labor.|