We think gooseneck kettles provide tons of control when brewing pour-over coffee so we were excited when Bonavita began producing one that allows the user to set the temperature. This 1 liter kettle has a brushed, stainless steel finish and allows you to set it on the base from any angle. The LED display is bright, easy to read and very accurate. You can use one of the six preset temperatures or set your own. Tea drinkers will like this kettle too.
As the water in the kettle gets close to the desired temperature, the heat is reduced so your water gets to the right degree without overshooting the mark.
The bottom of the kettle stays cool...good for your countertops, the kettle's base (and your hands). The handle has a nice shape that should give you good pour control.
It also comes with a translucent base cover that protects it from any spills. You can still easily press the buttons with the cover on.
- Six preset temperatures or you can set a temperature starting from 140° F
- Temperature set/hold for up to one hour
- Water temperature readout on LED display in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Accurate to within 1% of preset temperature (typically accurate to +/- 2° F)
- LED Count Up Timer for manual coffee or tea steeping
- Water level indicator on housing
- Quick heat-up from room temperature to boiling in approximately 5 minutes
- Cord storage under the base
- Commercial UL certified
- Includes protective cover for base
- Brushed stainless steel exterior
|Material||Stainless steel and plastic|
|Volts/Watts||120v / 1000w|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Pros||Excellent pour control; Clean, minimal design|
|Cons||On splash-prone counter, the translucent cover can trap moisture against the base...don't worry it's easy to clean.|